Iyengar Yoga workshop
GABRIELLA GIUBILARO a long-time student of B.K.S. and Geeta Iyengar. She started her studies of Iyengar yoga in 1973 with Dona Holleman. Since 1981 she has been going to Pune to study directly with the Iyengars. She is well known for her simple, direct and dynamic teaching style and her humor. Gabriella is the founder of the Institute Iyengar Yoga in Florence, Italy, where she currently teaches. AGRIPPINA PAKHARUKOVA has a university degree in Sanskrit from Russian State University For Humanities, Moscow. She has an Iyengar yoga certificate and holds classes regularly at the Istituto Iyengar Yoga Firenze of Gabriella. She teaches Indian philosophy, chanting in Italy and worldwide, Iyengar Yoga. Agrippina has taught several workshops together with Gabriella.
LESSONS: Every day classes of āsanas, prānāyāma and chanting. Agrippina will bring the extracts from the rare texts on yoga practice and mantras which will be read, explained and chanted. Every day three hours of yoga in the morning, and two in the afternoon and after each class we will dedicate sometime to the chanting. The idea is to incorporate the practice of chanting to the asana and pranayama.. This workshop is open to the practitioners with at least three years of Iyengar Yoga. Agrippina will assist in the classes as well.
THE RETREAT takes place at a farmhouse called “Centro Montauto” near Rapolano Terme. Rapolano Terme is a town located in Tuscany, Italy between Siena and Perugia www.montauto.it
The yoga room is one of the many buildings on the property that has been restored with wooden floors and a view facing the surrounding hills. Food is prepared by our vegetarian chef, Saro, who puts together nutritionally complete and delicious meals which are thoughtful and appropriate to the yoga practice.
A shuttle bus will be provided to and from Montauto. It will depart wednesday 23 September at 2 pm from “Istituto Iyengar Yoga Firenze”, Via San Gervasio 18, Florence and will depart from Montauto on Sunday 27 September at 6 pm. The cost is € 35 euros one way (€70 euros return) and it is non-refundable. The shuttle must be reserved at the time of the registration. For those who will not be staying at Montauto, a car will be necessary to travel to and from the retreat site.
Lodging is a separate cost. Different types of accommodations are available below. You are responsable for reserving your own accommodations. You can reserve just the accommodation in Montauto Farm House, in the Camping area and the Shuttle services on our web site: “http://www.yogawisdomitalia.it” www.yogawisdomitalia.it
1) In the rustic farmhouse at the retreat site there are limited beds available. There are no private rooms or baths. Booking is first come, first serve. Rooms may only be reserved via email and with confirmation of full payment. Accommodation cost: € 160 euros
2) Camping is available near the main house with its own facilities. Space is limited. Accommodation cost: € 80 euros
3) Recommended Hotel List:
– Podere La casina HYPERLINK “http://www.poderelacasina.com” www.poderelacasina.com, email@example.com
– Hotel San Giovanni; 53040 Rapolano Terme (SI), tel.: +39 0577 724 030, fax: +39 0577 724 053; website: HYPERLINK “http://www.termesangiovanni.it” www.termesangiovanni.it ; email: HYPERLINK “mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org“; 3 stars, thermal water pool, massage and physiotherapy, ten minutes from the site by car.
– Villa Buoninsegna: Rapolano Terme, tel/fax: +39 0577 724380, website: “http://www.buoninsegna.it” www.buoninsegna.it ; Ten minutes from the site, charming newly renovated farmhouse with swimming pool (not thermal). One double bed per room whether for single or couple.
– Castello di Modanella: Serre di Rapolano (Si), tel: +39 0577 704604, fax: +39 0577 704740, website: http://www.modanella.com ; www.modanella.com, e-mail: “email@example.com”
There are many “agriturismo” in the area listed in the internet
PRICE: € 600 (€ 330 for the workshop, € 270 for food, including three meals a day not refundable if not consumed). It does not include accommodations. The reservation will be valid only after the payment of the deposit of € 250. Payment of deposit for this seminar must be made to the following account
ISTITUTO IYENGAR YOGA FIRENZE BANCA: Banca Sella Agenzia Via Carlo Botta, 22 FIRENZE 50136, Italia Iban: IT79X0326802801052813582410
Please specify your first and last name and reason for the deposit “YOGA SEMINAR september 2020”. Please send by email firstname.lastname@example.org the receipt of payment for confirmation. The remaining balance can be paid at the time of the seminar.
See info on our website www.yogawisdomitalia.it or call Agrippina +39 327 328 9503 or sending her an email at email@example.com. The number of reservations is limited and operates as first come, first serve. Reservations are confirmed only after payment of deposit.
The deposit for this seminar has to be paid to:
ISTITUTO IYENGAR YOGA FIRENZE
Banca Sella, Agenzia Via Carlo Botta, 22 FIRENZE 50136, Italia
– your NAME SURNAME
– “SEMINARIO YOGA ”
To confirm your subscription send via email the prove of payment.
The full participation fee can be payed directly on the first day of the seminar.